If your loved one has fibromyalgia, it is difficult to understand exactly what has happened without experiencing it yourself. They may need more time than you to sleep or may not feel ready to go out very often. Fibromyalgia can also interfere with a person’s ability to work, do housework or even perform everyday tasks, such as showering and feeding.
If you have a supportive spouse or an important person, that makes all the difference. It is not that we are suffering and that we are exhausted. Change your life. You are no longer the same physically or mentally (my anguish) so much has disappeared. I know everyone feels the same.
If one person has a chronic illness but the other is in good health, he can easily prove even the strongest relationships. While it may be more difficult to put oneself in the place of the other or find a balance in which both feel like equal partners in the relationship, it is certainly not impossible, and for many couples Facing obstacles such as chronic diseases can strengthen their bond and deepen Your mutual love
We ask our communities to “Live with fibromyalgia and chronic diseases” and “Live with fibromyalgia” to share ways in which people can help their spouse or partner with fibromyalgia. If your loved one is affected by a chronic health problem such as fibromyalgia, CF, the following ways can help you better understand what they are experiencing and give you some ideas of the things you could do to make them feel. world.
This is what our community told us:
1. When you have a crisis, hold them, let them cry and know that you are there to help them.
2. Learn all you can about that. Be patient. You may not understand how it sounds, but bringing empathy and listening to your partner or spouse is very important. Unconditional love
3. Ask your partner to listen and read about people with fibromyalgia.
4. Avoid making them feel guilty. Give confidence and love. Lie on your bed and hold them, tell them you stay there for a long time. And say it!
5. Believe them first, then support them, be pleasant at all times with third place and put your weight in the relationship in a practical way. They have not planned more than you and they are both in the same boat, so help them make the most of the trip. The more support they have, the sooner they will get their own fitness and health, but it will take a while and they will have to support them and lighten their physical and emotional load as much as possible.
6. Show love and don’t ask too many questions in an outbreak.
7. Draw a good warm bath, wash your hair, help them, dry them and brush them. So, listening would be good.
8. Be understanding, patient, share household chores, help others question the truth of the disease, remember that this disease is not anyone’s fault or punishment. Above all, never stop loving the afflicted person.
9. Do exactly what you would like your girlfriend to do if the roles were reversed.
Above all, be kind, affectionate, patient and fun.
10. Without guilt, a little sympathy and self-discipline. Sometimes I can only take care of myself… preparing dinner once a week. Vacuum or clean a shower. Remember that we can’t take the same things, or I can’t, ten pounds and I’m almost exhausted
11. Do do not just hear what they say, but listen!
12. Know the different aspects of pain frequently, bring some small things that will help you: sachets, medications, drinks, thermal pads, etc. Understand their difficulties, investigate.
13. Fill in the gaps … different forms of support in case of deficiencies. These are deep expressions for them to know and understand, then understand how it can be impossible to achieve them. Be creative Help with the pain or the need to sleep on the weekends, but I want to clean, comb my hair on the beach, find a glass of sea, kayak, but it’s limited, play volleyball (I can no longer) the bottom of my legs start hurting me If it looks like a pimple splint, I pushed because it was great. I am painting the wood and the windows, which would take a healthy person one summer. That will take me two. I agree with that. It is an example of reduced expectations that help me achieve goals that strengthen my esteem and strength.
14. Never say you’re lazy
15. Never cut them to not feel well or to do the things they could do once. Support even if you don’t understand everything.
16. Keep them out of stressful situations. Let them rest when they need it.
If possible, live somewhere, barometric pressure does not change much, regardless of pain!
17. There is a wonderful book called Fibromyalgia for Dummies. My son read it, I don’t know how many times. I really wanted to understand and help. My husband left in a month.
18. When I say that I can feel the energy flowing from me like a needle that draws blood, let me rest, because sweat, flu and brain fog are upon us.
19. Make sure they understand that even if they cannot function as before, they remain a valuable family member and are not a burden.
20. Ask your wife what she would like from you and tell her she wants to help as much as she can. Every little favor or help makes a difference to me, but we are all different. Some prefer the greatest possible independence. Many prefer to be interviewed before automatically assuming what is wanted or needed. Offer help or do things to help at home without asking after knowing what is wanted and needed. Some of us feel guilty for putting the burden on others.
Assure your spouse that you are by his side and that you do not mind helping can and want to support and understand the best that can be a great relief for your spouse. Personally, I only like my feet massaged with a lotion. Other areas are too sensitive for massage. I need help at home, shopping, etc. I need a quiet environment to rest.
What would help your spouse? What would help your wife feel a little better or more comfortable? Know that you cannot repair or change the disease, but can offer assistance and comfort. Too often, people give unsolicited advice, which can make the situation worse by creating more realistic expectations and additional pressures. Then I can become more depressed or feel unnecessary guilt and shame.
I hope it helps you. ?