Twelve things that fibromyalgia patients must stop doing.
1. Stop putting your own needs in the background. If you have a chronic debilitating disease, you must first meet your own needs.
2. Stop spending time with the wrong people. – If someone adds stress to your life, this stress makes you sick. Eliminate stress by removing this person.
3. Stop resentment – Rancuner is unnecessary stress. This leads us to create negative thoughts about a person when we think about them and to focus on negative thoughts when we should try to find ways to focus on more positive things.
4. Stop trying to be everything for everyone. – The ability to say “no” is not highly valued. Often, those of us with fibromyalgia can not possibly say “no,” feel guilty when we can not or do not want to say yes. We can not be everything for everyone, we can not be everything for ourselves and we must not be everything.
5. Stop lying to yourself. “You are sick, admit it. You do not feel well. Someone asks and you answer with “I’m fine”, but that’s not the truth. This is not the truth when you tell it to them and it is certainly not the truth when you say it to yourself.
6. Stop wasting time explaining to others. Most people do not care enough about you to worry about their illness or disorder or why they can not do what they can not do. Keep it simple, just say “no” and move on. Do not try to explain why you can not do it because you probably are not listening anyway.
7. Stop trying to catch the past. Although you can find ways to improve your symptoms, it is likely that you will never be 100% new again. There will always be limits. Stop trying to reach the standard of living you had before your illness and realize that was it and what it is now.
8. Stop reprimanding yourself for your past mistakes. “Guilt and guilt are our constant friends. Stop hitting on what you did in the past (or what you would have liked to do, but not).
9. Stop being jealous of others. It is just as easy to be jealous as others or others can do. We do not realize that they also have limits. Nobody sees the real life of the other, its capabilities or its weaknesses, its limits.
10. Stop complaining and have mercy on yourself. – really! You can organize a treat from time to time, but it should never last more than 5 minutes and you should never invite friends. Concentrate on the positive aspects of life, there are many.
11. Stop ignoring the beauty of the little moments. – How many times have we heard that we should “stop and smell roses”? You really do not like these little things until you can not do them anymore.
12. Stop trying to make things perfect. “They are already. Well, maybe they are not perfect, maybe they could even be better than now. But the goal is for you to focus on reality rather than perfection.